Digital Detox – Take time out to relax and restore at Cheltenham Reflexology and Massage
Posted on 27/01/2020
Digital Detox was a hot term used in 2019 and one that will be used so much more in 2020.
Detoxing from digital devices is often seen as a way to focus on the moment, enjoying the sense of calm and quiet, without distractions of screens and constant beeps that demand our attention.
For January, 2020, at Cheltenham Reflexology and Massage, we wanted to create a new experience that helps the mind and body to recover from digital use. So, welcome to our 1hr 20 minute digital detox treatment and relaxation experience.
So, why do you need the digital detox treatment?
- Muscles in the back, neck and scalp get tired and sore from looking down at screens
- Bad posture habits easily develop
- Muscles of the face can be tense as daily staring and frowning at screens occurs
- Blue light from screens can disrupt sleep and lead to skin de-hydration
What the treatment involves:
- Massage to aid relaxation of neck and back muscles
- Stretching of shoulders and neck
- Massage of the scalp to reduce tension
- Cleansing of the face
- Application of a hydrating serum and moisturiser
- Massage of the facial muscles, including work on acupressure points, with special focus around the eyes and forehead
- Leave your phone in one of our lockers and give our business number as an emergency number if you need one
- Calming music or no music at all – you decide
- A lavender eye pillow to use after the facial massage
- 20 minutes to yourself, post-treatment time in a relaxation room, positioned on a reclining chair.
Benefits of the digital detox:
- 1hr and 20 min. break from technology – time-out for you
- Re-hydrated skin and use of antioxidant serum allowing for skin regeneration
- Reduction in stress hormones
- Reduction in muscle tension around the back, neck and shoulders
- improved posture
- A greater feeling of wellbeing
Book your digital detox treatment today at Cheltenham Reflexology and Massage – Call us on 01242 255440